Minutes from the July meeting held on June 6, 2017
The meeting started at 7:02pm with 15 members present.
Is as followed and accepted by the attendance at the meeting.
New Members: None
- The Open House scheduled for July 22 has been tabled.
- There was talk of moving it to early fall. Some more members showed interest. Common guys, the best thing
we can do for the club is support the community…
- Mowers needed, we are down to a few people at both Coventry and Mansfield. If you can mow/help, please reach out
to Ray B., Greg W., or Calvin.
- Jim K. has started the Float Flys at the Boy Scout Camp in Ashford. If you would like to help in any way, please
contact Jim K.
- Jim is also looking for people to do some displays! Bring out your aircraft!
- The sign lives in the outhouse, we ask that if you are there flying please put it out and if you are the last to leave,
please bring it back. I know there is a little walking/driving for now, but until we come up with a better solution please do your part.
- Porta Jon, not too much new there. However, another company oversees taking care of it. It gets cleaned
roughly the middle of the month.
- NEDS summer Fun Fly will be held in August, we are checking with Bill G. on a date as he has agreed to run it, thank
- Lock at Mansfield
- As many of you know there was a second lock put on the gate at Mansfield, we don’t know why, the DEEP doesn’t know
why. If it happens again, please call or email Ron V. and he will get ahold of the appropriate people to rectify the situation.
- Helicopter flying:
- It was brought up, that some members are concerned to fly the same time helicopters are. There was some decision
of them taking turns, or just having them fly on the hip runway. However, the topic was tabled for the night and will be brought up at the next meeting. If you have any input on this
topic, please come to the meeting!
Upcoming NEDS events:
NEDS Fun Fly:
NEDS Float Fly:
September 17, 2017 at 9:30am, at the Mansfield Float Fly
NEDS September Meeting, September 7, 2017 at Coventry Flying Field at
Raffle: Park Zone J-3 RTF Cub, donated by Howard O., won by Bill T.
Meeting adjourned at 8:04.
Recorded by Ron V.
Just some food for thought…
As many of you know, Bill T. has agreed to step up as
club Secretary for the 2018 flying season. I know it is early to think about, however nominations in November will be here in a few months, voting in December is just after that. I am
asking you to step up and help the club! If you want to run for a board position, please come to a meeting and voice your nomination!