Minutes from the September meeting held on September 7, 2017
The meeting commenced at 6:05pm with 18 members present.
Is as follows and accepted by the attendance at the meeting.
New Members: None.
- Fun Fly: According to Bill G. and other members, the weather was amazing; however, turnout was low. They enjoyed minimal destruction and
good pizza…just looking for more competition.
- Rich P. and Don M. interview information.
- With the interview on tv and article from the Chronicle; the NEDS submitted them to the AMA. We were given
$175 from the AMA for responsibly representing the AMA and NEDS. Excellent job Don and Rich!
- Aggressive Helicopter Flying
- Rich and involved members have come to an agreement to the concern. This is a non-issue, as both parties
have agreed to respect one another’s airspace. Moreover, Chick S. stopped and listed to Rich fly his heli (while he was flopping it around) and said that the noise from the blades was not bad
at all. I his opinion they were quieter than a Cessna flying overhead. In addition, it sounds like the loudest aircraft flying in Coventry right now is Don M.’s 30cc Evolution in his Big
- NEDS Sign
- The sign seems to be working, we have had several people stop in and visit. No new members yet, but the
community knows we are there and are welcome to stop in and see the aircraft!
- Field educates
- Make sure that the fire extinguisher on the starting stand is facing the portajohn, as we don’t want to advertise
that there is something there!
- Check The lock when you leave the field! On several occasions, our lock has been locked to a chain link and
not the other lock. If this happens on the wrong day our lock may be cut off.
- Pen Assignment
- Rich P. had the membership in attendance bring a pen. He then proceeded to pass out note cars and asked
three simple questions. They are:
- Have you ever held a position in a club (other than general membership)?
- Would you ever consider running for a position in this club?
- If yes to the previous question, no further response needed. However, if no, why?
- Just makes you think.
- George H. brought up the question of why do we have so much money? Well, the club in years past has always
gone through cycles; membership ups and downs, treasury ups and downs, reserve for club needs, and a rainy-day fund if we come across a piece of property to fly from!
If you have any questions on this topic please talk to an officer!
- The question was raised to the membership; if it would be ok for the B.O.D. (Board of Directors) to spend a
certain amount without having to wait for a meeting, and any money spent would be mentioned at the next meeting.
- The idea came from previous issues that came up, such as:
- Donuts in the runway,
- Lost Lock, and
- Business cards for Coventry Fest, just to name a few items.
- The motion was made: “Allow the B.O.D. a maximum of $200 to spend per discretion. With a minimum of 5 board
members and greater than half in agreeance.
If you would like more information, please come to the next meeting!
- Club interest
- In-leu of having an open house, the question was raised why don’t we host a Swap Shop or try to host an
auction. They all sound reasonable, however it takes one person to take the time and put the plan together and run it! In addition, it will take much less effort to hold a swap meet than
an auction. Any takers to start an event?
- AMA Intro Pilot program, Rich P. has a few packets to give to people who want to sign up, and a few were left the box next to the
- Field Permits
- They are in the works, there are no changes for 2018 other than Bill T. will be handling the permits.
- Raffle: An Incident meter, won by…I don’t know. (Sorry)
Meeting adjourned at 7:04pm.
Recorded by Ron V.