· Rich P has made 3 more attempts to contact the folks at the Windham site with no luck. The last message he left was a voice message to request at the very least confirmation that they are not interested and they have not responded to that. This is seeming to be a dead-end.
· Rich P has shared the float fly portion of the Propbusters documentary with Ed Greenough of the ACoE in the hope that it would offer a better idea of our hobby and how we utilize the Mansfield site.
· Rich P, Greg W and Bill T attended to April meeting of ALPOA to finalize arrangements. Rich brought his Cessna 150 to demonstrate for them so they have a better idea of our activities.
· Today, we have finally heard back from DEEP regarding the permit for Coventry. They are issuing the permit tomorrow. We will be able to use the field from 10am to sunset DAILY from now until April 30. The summer blackout begins May 1st.
· It was mentioned that the Coventry field is in bad need of rolling. Those with experience stated that it is much better to roll now while the ground is still wet rather than in August when the ground is dry even though we are only a few weeks away from our summer blackout. Rich P will try to procure a roller of some kind. A vote was taken to authorize him to spend up to $300 on top of the non-discretion $200 he can spend (for a total of $500) if need be.
· The May meeting is to be held at Mansfield Library and is the annual club swap meet.
· The club voted to donate $100 to the Mansfield Library in appreciation of their letting us use the meeting room.
· Chuck D is getting out of the hobby and is liquidating his collection, much of which is posted on the Facebook site.
· The airshow at Danielson Airport is June 8. Volunteers are needed to provide demonstration flights and static display.
Meeting Adjourned: 8:59pm
This year’s entrants were all kit or scratch built. There were no ARFs entered.
· Jim K showed his Balsa USA ¼ scale Fokker Triplane. It is electrically powered and he plans to use 2 five cell batteries. It was finished in Red with a White rudder ala Red Baron.
· Bill G showed his Midwest HOTS, powered by a 4 stroke gas motor. The plane is one piece and does not disassemble to transportation/storage.
· John B showed the following planes all scratch built from plans he downloaded:
- Schoolyard Special, not yet powered but he says it could be powered by an 049
- Half A, not quite finished yet
- Wayfarer Bipe, powered by a 4 Stroke Sato 56
- Cloud Kitten, powered by an Enya 15
· Dennis C showed his Venture 60, unpowered but otherwise complete.
The club voted by show of hands and the results were:
1st place – Jim K’s Triplane
2nd Place – Dennis C’s Venture
Tolland County Model Aircraft Club:
Next meeting: Thursday, June 6 at 7:00pm at Mansfield Public Library. This is our Annual Swap Meet Meeting!