Minutes from the May meeting held on May 4, 2017
The meeting started at 7:00pm with 12 members present.
Is as followed and accepted by the attendance at the meeting.
$100.00 In Memory of Pete H.
- Porta John $
- Net Income
$100 for Mansfield Library, thank you Dave M..
- Building Contest $165.00
$200.00 For the Mansfield Library
- Porta John $
- Net Income
New Members: None
- The NEDS Building Contest follow up.
- Even though the information and photos were in the previous newsletter, we went over the confusion about the prizes and
extra prizes. There was initially a confusion about amount won, weather it was $50 or $25 for second place Kit built. It was agreed to be $25 at the March Meeting. In addition,
there were no ARFs submitted into the contest…way to go, lets all plan to build something for next year!
- Membership Renewal numbers are in (as of the meeting) 43 people have renewed…if you have an idea to boost membership,
please reach out to the board.
- Mud season, time to tread lightly on your way into the field!
- Sign for gate at Coventry Flying Field.
- It is in the works, Rich will have more information at the June Meeting.
- Flying schedule.
- The age-old question of perinate Fridays has come up again. It was agreed that unless there is a meeting or
savior weather predicted the second flying day (while we have to choose our days wisely) will be Friday. It was brought up to a vote and chosen this way.
- Boy Scout Camp Float Flying
- Jim K. is at it again, he will have more information at the June for those who wants to get some float flying inn at
the boy scout camp in Ashford this summer.
- Flying logs!
- Remember to fill out your flying logs! In addition to flying, keep an eye out for people walking dogs, fishing,
and what species of birds you see!
- Remember we have this crazy schedule because of the Bobolink.
- Float Fly Dates…
- I am looking for suggestions on dates for 2018…as the permit process takes some time.
- Board position(s)
- After much consideration, I (Ron V.) am stepping down from the Secretary, website, and other board duties after this
year is complete. I have been on and off of the Newsletter since before Bob B. left. In addition, I have maintained the website for about 12 years. Thankfully, Bill T. has offered
to step up (or down) to the Secretary position to take care of contacting DEEP, filing permits, completing the newsletter, running and maintaining the website, and other duties to keep the club
going. We will be looking for at least a Vice President. But we are always welcoming other members to step up and run!
Upcoming NEDS events:
- NEDS at Hog Heaven! June 17, 2017 is NEDS Day at Hog Heaven, please show your support and go up there on the 17, and
any other chance you can!
- NEDS Open House, Saturday, July 22, 2017 at Coventry Flying Field. Time is TBD. Volunteers are needed for
this event. Pilots and aircraft for trainer flying, planes for display, pre-flight instruction, crowd control, and parking control.
- NEDS Float Fly
- July 16, 2017 at 9:30am, at the Mansfield Float Fly Area.
- September 17, 2017 at 9:30am, at the Mansfield Float Fly Area.
- NEDS September Meeting, September 7, 2017 at Coventry Flying Field at 7:00pm.
Meeting adjourned at 7:55.
Recorded by Ron V.